- Mrs S. Donaldson, Nursery Manager and Reception Teacher at Amble First School
- Mrs H. Bruce, Headteacher at Amble First School
- Mrs R. McGarvey, Chair of Governors at Amble First School
- Miss S. Falkous, Designated Early Years Governor
The nursery offers provision for:
- Funded places, 15 hours a week for 3 – 4 year olds, 8.45am - 11.50am
- Funded places, 30 hours a week for 3 - 4 year olds, 8.45am - 3.00pm (from September 2018)
- Funded places, upto 15 hours a week for 2 year olds who are entitled to FEET funding, 12.30pm - 3.30pm
- Fee paying places for 2 year olds – 12.30pm - 3.30pm
Admission to nursery for 3 year olds is at the start of the term after the third birthday; for 2 year olds it can be from the 2nd birthday (for fee paying places or the term after the second birthday for funded places). Admissions forms can be obtained from the school office or by following the link below.
Admission to the Reception Class is normally at the start of the school year in which the child turns 5 – so children must be 4 before 31st August. Applications should be done online via Northumberland County Council, although school staff are happy to assist you if this is problematic.
The day to day running of the nursery is undertaken by our well qualified and highly competent Early Years staff. All staff members have a minimum of an NVQ level 3 in a relevant childcare discipline. Adult to child ratios are maintained at the legal limit at all times.