Year 3 Mrs Hunter
Hello and welcome to Year 3!
This is the start of your Key Stage 2 adventure! I'm very much looking forward to working together this year and I have lots of exciting things planned for all of you.
Can you ...
be kind to yourself and others
try your best even though things might be a bit tricky
ask for help if you need it
have fun and work together as a team?
If so, then you're in the right class!
If you need to contact me you can telephone school on 01665 710388 or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spring 1 weekly class routines:
- PE days are a Monday with NUFC and Friday swimming at Willowburn.
- We read daily in class so please remember to bring your book and reading record each day.
- Reading books are changed on a Tuesday and Thursday.
- Library day is a Friday. Children may choose a reading book for pleasure. New books are taken home when the previous one is returned.
- Learning Log tasks will be issued on a Friday and should be returned to school by the following Wednesday with one task completed. We enjoy sharing our tasks in class.
- Spellings are issued on a Friday and tested the following Friday. Please remember to bring your spelling book to school.
- We ask that you complete 30 minutes of TTRS a week at home. This can be split up into 5 minute sessions.
Check out our super Stone Age homework
Ramble around Amble and beach trip!
RE - celebrating Rosh Hashanah
In art we made our own handprint stencil to create some Stone Age cave art. To try and experience what it might have been like for cavemen painting on a cave wall, we scrumpled up the painting paper so that the texture felt rough and turned the tables on their sides. It was great fun!
In English we imagined that we were the characters from our class text Stone Age Boy when they met for the first time. We thought about how you could communicate with someone if you couldn't speak the same language. We chose a feelings card without showing our partner, then used our facial expressions and bodies to show that emotion. Can you guess how we were feeling?
In DT we designed our own Stone Age tool. We carefully placed the wood in the vice and then used the hacksaw to cut the wood. We then attched the rest of the design. Afterwards we went outside to test our Stone Age tool.