At Amble first School the teaching of Design and Technology:
- Helps children to make sense of the world around them.
- Helps children to understand that products designed and made have a purpose, audience/user and function.
- Helps children to come up with solutions to problems that can be imaginative or logical.
- Helps children to develop designing, planning, peer and self evaluation skills.
- Supports children to have the skills to understand how to cook simple nutritious food.
We follow the National Curriculum for DT. The National Curriculum sets out the statutory programmes of study for each key stage. It is progressive and learning builds throughout the years.
The link to this information can be found here:
We have had several careers assemblies that have included people who studied or use DT for their careers including a historical reenactor who makes all her own costumes using needlework skills.