At Amble first School the teaching of Computing:
- Equips pupils to use computational thinking and creativity to understand and change the world.
- Allows pupils to make links with mathematics, science and design and technology to deepen their learning and apply a broad range of skills.
- Allows children to grow their learning about computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms and data representation, and put this knowledge to use through programming.
- Develops pupils’ digital literacy so that they are equipped to participate in a digital world.
- Develops pupils’ problem solving skills.
- Ensures pupils can be responsible, competent, confident and creative users of information and communication technology.
We follow the National Curriculum in England Computing programmes of study, which you can access below. We also use the following progression documents by Somerset County Council for each year group from Reception to Year Four, which provides us with ideas for activities. Where possible we like to make creative links to our topics.
Throughout the year we take the opportunity to showcase our work in Computing through:
Our class assemblies
Themed weeks e.g. Safer Internet Day
Our class pages on the school website